Mentors play an important role in ensuring a great experience for our training program participants. Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Sports Mentor? We are currently looking for run and run/walk mentors for our No Boundaries 1.0 (3.1 miles) and our It's A Perfect 10k programs!
The Fleet Feet Sports Mentor Team is a passionate group of walk and run mentors who help people reach their goals of walking and running.
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is an invaluable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet Sports Fort Mill. Mentors attend every group workout throughout a training program to provide support. Their main responsibilities include:
- Offer positive energy and a positive attitude to the group
- Promote safety and providing support during workouts
- Running alongside participants and making sure everyone is accounted for
- Educating participants about the benefits, products and solutions that Fleet Feet Sports offers
- Can motivate and inspire others in a positive manner
- Has run or walked at least 2 races (distance unimportant)
- Is able to attend 80% of all twice-weekly training workouts
- Will relay critical information, suggestions and concerns to the Head Coach
- Is not currently in-training for a specific goal or is willing to train before/after No Boundaries workouts
- Is a people person and has a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Willing to be a Fleet Feet Sports Fort Mill store ambassador
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing that you made a difference in someone's running and/or walking
- Camaraderie and support from fellow runners!
- Mentors will receive swag and other perks!
If you believe you would be an excellent mentor for a Fleet Feet Sports training group, please fill out the form below.